0% Financing Options Available!
Dr. Durbin and his staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by providing orthodontic treatment that will result in a beautiful smile with optimum function and long term stability. In addition to the orthodontic treatment provided by Dr. Durbin, our patients also benefit from seeing their dentist on a regular basis to maintain their oral health and provide other dental services that enhance their smile. Please use our dental library to learn more about other dental problems and treatments available from your dentist. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.